Weekly marketing wisdom you can read in 5 minutes, for free. Add remarkable ideas and insights to your inbox, once a week, by subscribing to our newsletter.
A Guide To Amazon SEO
What is Amazon SEO?
Amazon SEO is a process Amazon uses to rank products in their search engine. Amazon takes into account a number of factors when determining how to rank products including product title, description, reviews, price, and keywords. The process can be a complex and time-consuming one, but it is worth it for sellers who want to increase their visibility and sales on Amazon.
There are a few things that sellers can do to optimise their listings for Amazon SEO. One is to choose relevant and popular keywords, and use them throughout the listing in the title, description, and bullet points.
Another is to make sure the listing is complete and accurate, with high-quality photos and detailed descriptions, and finally, sellers should encourage customer reviews as they are one of the main factors Amazon takes into account when ranking products.
By following these tips, sellers can improve their Amazon SEO and increase their chances of appearing and ranking well in Amazon’s search results.
Table of contents:
How does Amazon work as a search engine?
Amazon is a search engine that allows users to find and purchase products online. Amazon uses a variety of factors to determine which products to show users when they search for a particular term. These factors include the user’s search history, the user’s location, and the user’s Amazon Prime membership status.
Amazon also takes into account the user’s Amazon Prime shipping preferences when determining which products to show. In addition, Amazon considers the prices of similar products offered by other sellers on Amazon. Based on all of these factors, the algorithms generate a list of relevant results for the user’s search query
Some of the benefits of using Amazon as a search engine include the ability to filter results by price, customer reviews, and seller ratings. Additionally, Amazon offers users the possibility to purchase products directly from Amazon or from third-party sellers, as well as providing users with the option to add products to their Amazon Prime shipping preferences.
Amazon Prime is a paid membership program that offers unlimited two-day shipping on eligible items. Amazon also offers Prime members access to exclusive deals and discounts.
Overall, Amazon is a comprehensive search engine that helps users find and purchase products online. Amazon’s extensive filtering options and direct-purchase options make it a popular choice for online shoppers.
What are Amazon’s ranking factors?
Amazon’s ranking factors are a closely guarded secret. However, there are a few key factors that we know Amazon takes into account when determining how to rank products.
Amazon has two main search engines – A9 and Amazon Customer Reviews (ACR).
A9 is Amazon’s algorithms search engine, which takes into account things like keyword relevancy and customer engagement levels to determine how to rank products. Amazon Customer Reviews, on the other hand, relies heavily on customer feedback and reviews to help inform its product rankings.
Here are a few key factors that Amazon’s ranking algorithms take into consideration:
- Sales history
- Conversion rate
- Click-through rate
- Refund rate
- Product reviews
- Listing quality
- Keyword relevancy
In addition to these ranking factors, Amazon also looks at things like customer engagement levels and product pricing when determining how to rank products. By understanding how Amazon’s ranking algorithms work, you can make sure your products are being given the best chance to succeed on the site.
If you’re looking to improve your Amazon product ranking, contact us today. We have expertise in Amazon SEO as well as wider SEO and can help you get your products to the top of the search results.
How do I optimise my listings for Amazon SEO?
If you want to optimise your products for Amazon, there are a few things you can do.
First, make sure your product titles are clear and concise. Amazon customers usually don’t have a lot of time to spend browsing, so they’ll be more likely to purchase something if they can quickly and easily see what it is.
Second, use keywords throughout your product descriptions. Amazon customers often use the search bar to find what they’re looking for so including relevant keywords will help your products come up in more searches.
Third, include high-quality product photos. Amazon customers like to be able to see what they’re buying, so make sure your photos are clear and show your product from multiple angles.
Finally, keep your pricing competitive. Amazon is a notoriously price-sensitive marketplace, so customers will be more likely to buy from you if your prices are in line with other sellers.
By following these tips, you can optimise your products for Amazon and increase your chances of making a sale.
How do I optimise my product descriptions?
If you’re selling products on Amazon, it’s important to optimise your product descriptions to ensure that your products are ranking high in Amazon’s search results.
Amazon uses a sophisticated algorithm to determine which products to rank for each search term, and product descriptions are one of the factors that Amazon takes into account.
Here are some tips for optimising your product descriptions on Amazon:
- Use relevant keywords throughout your description. Amazon’s search algorithm relies heavily on keyword relevancy, so make sure to include relevant keywords throughout your description.
- Keep your description concise and to the point. Amazon shoppers are typically looking for information quickly, so make sure your description is easy to read and provides all the necessary information without being too long-winded.
- Use bullet points to highlight key information. Amazon shoppers are often scanning descriptions rather than reading them word for word, so using bullet points can help make your description easier to scan and understand.
- Include a call to action. Amazon shoppers are more likely to purchase a product if they know what actions to take so include a call to action in your description (e.g., “add to cart now!”).
By following these tips, you can optimise your product descriptions on Amazon and improve your chances of ranking high in Amazon’s search results.
How do I do keyword research for Amazon SEO?
There are a few things to keep in mind when doing keyword research for Amazon SEO.
First, Amazon is a different type of search engine than something like Google. This means that the results you get on Amazon will be different than what you see on other search engines.
Second, Amazon puts a lot of emphasis on product keywords. This means that you should focus your keyword research on finding phrases that potential customers are likely to use when searching for products on Amazon.
Third, Amazon’s search algorithm also takes into account factors like customer reviews and ratings. This means that popular and well-reviewed products are more likely to rank highly in Amazon’s search results.
Finally, it’s important to remember that Amazon is constantly changing its search algorithm. This means that what works today might not work tomorrow. As a result, it’s important to keep up with the latest Amazon SEO news and tips.
Following these guidelines should help you get started with Amazon keyword research. For more tips and tricks, be sure to check out our Amazon SEO guide.
What tools are out there?
Amazon SEO is a process of optimising Amazon product listings to rank higher in Amazon’s search engine and improve visibility. There are a number of tools available to help with Amazon SEO, including Amazon keyword research tools, Amazon listing optimisation tools, and Amazon PPC tools.
Amazon keyword research tools help sellers find the best keywords to target for their product listings. Amazon listing optimisation tools help sellers optimise their listings for the selected keywords. And Amazon PPC tools help sellers create and manage Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaigns to drive traffic to their product listings.
The following are some popular Amazon SEO tools:
- KWFinder: KWFinder is a keyword research tool that helps you find long-tail keywords with low SEO difficulty.
- Amazon Keyword Tool: Amazon Keyword Tool is a free Amazon keyword research tool developed by Sellics.
- AMZScout: AMZScout is an Amazon-specific keyword research and listing optimisation tool.
- Merchant Words: Merchant Words is a keyword research tool that helps you find keywords that buyers use when searching on Amazon.
How do we measure success?
There are a number of different metrics that can be used to measure the success of Amazon SEO. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Amazon search ranking – This is perhaps the most important metric as it measures how well your listing is performing in Amazon’s search results. You can track your ranking for specific keywords using Amazon’s own keyword tracking tool, or third-party tools like ASINspector.
- Click-through rate (CTR) – This measures the percentage of people who click on your listing when it appears in Amazon’s search results. A high CTR indicates that your listing is relevant and appealing to searchers.
- Conversion rate – This measures the percentage of people who buy something from your listing after clicking on it. A high conversion rate indicates that your listing is effective in converting searchers into buyers.
- Sales – This is the most obvious metric, and simply measures the total number of sales that you’ve made through Amazon.
- Reviews – Amazon reviews are important for two reasons: first, they can help to improve your Amazon search ranking; and second, they provide social proof that can help to convert searchers into buyers.
- Traffic – This measures the number of people who are visiting your Amazon listing. You can track this using Amazon’s own traffic reporting tool, or third-party tools like Google Analytics.
- Keyword rankings – As well as tracking your Amazon search ranking, it’s also important to track your keyword rankings. This will give you an indication of the progress you’re making in Amazon’s search results. You can use Amazon’s own keyword tracking tool, or third-party tools like SEMrush, to track your keyword rankings.
- Backlinks – Amazon listings with a large number of high-quality backlinks tend to perform better in Amazon’s search results. You can use third-party tools like Moz and Ahrefs to track the number of backlinks pointing to your listing.
- Social media engagement – Amazon listings that are popular on social media tend to perform better in Amazon’s search results. You can track your social media engagement using tools like Hootsuite and BuzzSumo.
- Amazon PPC – This is a paid advertising service that allows you to bid on keywords in order to get your listing appearing at the top of Amazon’s search results. You can track your Amazon PPC performance using Amazon’s own reporting tools, or third-party tools like AdEspresso.
These are just some of the most important metrics that you should be tracking if you want to measure the success of your Amazon SEO efforts. By monitoring these metrics, you’ll be able to see how well your listing is performing. This will allow you to make necessary changes to improve your ranking and conversion rate.
Why use a professional?
There are many benefits to using a professional Amazon SEO service. Here are some of the most important reasons:
- Amazon is the world’s largest online marketplace, and thus has enormous potential for sales. However, it is also highly competitive. A professional Amazon SEO service can help you get your products seen by more customers, and increase your chances of making sales.
- Amazon SEO is complex. The Amazon algorithm takes into account a variety of factors when ranking products, including keyword relevance, reviews, prices, and more. A professional service will have the knowledge and expertise to optimise your listings for the best possible results.
- It can be time-consuming. If you’re not familiar with Amazon’s guidelines and best practices it can take a lot of time to learn and implement them properly. A professional Amazon SEO service can save you time and ensure that your listings are compliant with Amazon’s rules.
- Amazon SEO can be expensive. If you try to do it yourself, you may end up spending a lot of money on trial and error. A professional Amazon SEO service can save you money in the long run by getting it right the first time.
- The Amazon SEO landscape is constantly changing. Amazon frequently updates its algorithm, which can impact your listings’ rankings. A professional Amazon SEO service will keep up with the latest changes and ensure that your listings are always optimised for the current Amazon algorithm.
If you’re looking to increase your sales on Amazon, a professional Amazon SEO service can make a big difference. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you improve your Amazon listings.