Weekly marketing wisdom you can read in 5 minutes, for free. Add remarkable ideas and insights to your inbox, once a week, by subscribing to our newsletter.
How We Think Lead Generation Will Look in 2021
2020 has been a year that no one could have predicted. Far from normal, one of the consequences of a worldwide lockdown has been a further shift into a digital world. People are online more than ever, consuming content. It’s no surprise that businesses have had to adapt, and will continue to do so well into 2021. In this article we discuss how we think lead generation will look in 2021.
What is Lead Generation?
In the simplest terms, lead generation is the process of identifying potential customers for your company’s services or products. Which doesn’t mean just cold calling or sending out emails.
It means a complex and diverse strategy that uses various marketing methods to develop an interest in your business. This includes the use of tactics such as content marketing, social selling and email marketing. But of course, with the drastic changes we’ve seen in 2020, lead generation techniques have had to change too.
How Has Lead Generation Changed in 2020?
With the evolution of the internet, it makes sense that lead generation has had to quickly learn to adapt, not just in 2020, but every year. With potential customers logging more time online, most of us have less attention for content than ever before. We’re far more selective about what we choose to look at. And so we block out things like ads as background noise.
In 2020, that meant that we had to find better lead generation techniques to buy the attention of potential customers. This meant improving the content on websites, the quality of email marketing and spending more time on blogs. It also meant retargeting leads that in 2019, we might have given up on.
5 Ways to Get Your Lead Generation Ready for 2021
Lead generation in 2021 will look similar to in 2020, but to keep moving onwards and upwards, it has to keep adapting. Here are some of the best ways to keep up:
- Have a website with a contact form. This is a double whammy, as it’s difficult to establish a presence online and attract leads organically without a website. With one, you can provide valuable content to your visitors and personalise their experience. And with a content form or even a chatbot, you make it simple for them to contact you when and how they need to.
- Landing Pages are crucial to deciding the success of your lead generation in 2021, as a good quality page is clear, grabs attention and shows the value you can provide to a potential lead. Add in a persuasive call to action (CTA) and you’ve already begun to win their trust.
- Email Marketing is still one of the big ones. Once a visitor to your site has parted with their email address, it’s important that you create a campaign that compels the reader to open the email. Because a subscription alone doesn’t mean that the visitor is automatically interested.
- Blogs have been growing for years, but in 2020 more people than ever have had time to spend on them. Developing a blog that provides valuable content can help you to attract leads organically using SEO. It can also build your authority as a company that’s a credible source of information.
- Client Referrals have always been one of the most effective lead generation tactics, and will remain so into 2021 and beyond. The key to good client referrals is to provide a quality service for your customers. Consistently doing so improves your chances of being recommended to family and friends, which makes converting those leads a simpler task.
To Conclude: How We Think Lead Generation Will Look in 2021
Lead generation in 2021 is likely to look much as lead generation 2020 did, but in 2021 we’ll have a blueprint for how to proceed. 2020 has been an uncertain year for many businesses, but arguably a positive one for those in Lead Generation Marketing.
Potential customers are spending more time online than ever before, and so the quality of online content and digital marketing techniques will have to improve to keep up with the trends.
You should always be improving your lead generation strategies and trying to stay ahead of the curve. The digital world is constantly changing, so make sure you know how to keep up.
For more free marketing tips, take a look at our Knowledge Hub.